GST Online Registration
GST, Good & Services Tax is a tax imposed by Indian government in an effort to replace all state and central government imposed indirect taxes. As per new rules, it is compulsory for entities engaging in the supply of goods & services across the state have to do GST Registration. Its impact is directly going to affect the entire country, but there’s a huge expectation of SME’s from it as it will be subsumed of most of the individual taxes like VAT, Service Tax etc.
How to do GST Online Registration?
GST is all set to be rolled out, and its planned impact seems very positive. Implementation of it will improve ease of doing business in India for millions of SME’s. Tax compliance complexities would be reduced with the help of this subsuming multiple taxes into a single system. This will also increase the number of taxpayers substantially.
- Visit official GST registration website gst.gov.in
- Go to service tab
- Select “registration” and choose “new registration”
- You will be redirected to a new page wherein, select whether you are a taxpayer or a GST practitioner.
- Fill in the details as per the option you have chosen like the legal name of the business, state, district, PAN, mobile number, email etc.
- All filled details will then verified by the portal, and then you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Depend on kind of your business, you will be asked to upload documents.
- Part-B of the form will then have to be filled in with a few details after which you will receive the Application Reference Number through email or SMS.
- GST officer will verify your application, once all the documents get verified you will get approval and your online registration for GST will get successful.
Document required for registration
GST Online registration requires documentation. For completing this documentation process, one needs to submit the following documents:-
- PAN Details
- Business address proof
- Bank account
- Authorization letter
- Business registration documents
- Promoter information
All downloading all the details verification by GST officer will take place. If information and the uploaded documents are found in order, the central and state authorities would approve the application. If things go well then you will get approval within 3 working days. And, the portal will automatically generate the registration certificate for the GST registration application.