How to Link Aadhaar with Driving License
Just like all other documents Aadhaar Card is also gaining equal importance, infect a bit more. In the regime of PM Narendra Modi, the Aadhaar has gained a plenty of significance. It has become almost first most important ID proof for linking or verifying your bank accounts, PAN card, Driving License etc. But it has been seen that many people have been facing linking their Aadhaar Card with their DL document. Linking the document is not a rocket science, all you need to do is follow the step and link Aadhaar with Driving License.
Before we start one thing that no one has noted is that your Driving license in India is issued by state road transport department. Hence, there’s no universal website to help you to link the two important documents. And so, you need to visit the official site of your state Road Transport Department. And here’s the final
Step for how to link Aadhaar with Driving License Online in few steps:-
- Visit the official website of your state transport department
- Go to link Aadhaar button
- Look for Aadhaar number Entry Option
- Go to drop-down menu and choose Driving License option
- Enter your Driving License Number
- Go to Get detail option ad all details will get appear on the screen.
- Fill both of the blank space with 12 digit Aadhaar No. and Mobile no (updated/register with Aadhaar).
- Recheck all the details filled by you before clicking submit button
- Once you click on submit button you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number for verification
The procedure will remain same for linking Aadhaar with driving license for all the state and Union Territories.
The benefit of Linking Aadhaar with Driving License
- The very first benefit is that tracking of all transport related operation will come under one umbrella.
- No one will get forge driving license and so, the number of road accidents will decrease.
- Transport department will be able to track any sort of illegal activity.
- No one will be able to apply for multiple licenses.
- Also, the state data will be shared the entire data with the central department. So that no individual will be able to apply for a license from any other state.